Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just a little update...

Yesterday, my friend Brenda joined me at the 'quilt' house to sew. It was GREAT to see her!!! We were joined by 2 of the gals from my little local guild...Virginia and Ruth. Brenda got her challenge blocks done, and I got one of mine finished. I also finished some friendship blocks that I had started on Saturday, but had to frog-stitch about 4 of them, due to sewing them wrong! GRRR!!!

We all went to Ruby-Jean's diner (cute little place here in Ponder) for lunch. She has the BEST burgers!!! YUM!

We also talked to Debi...and will see her and some other quilty friends on Saturday, March 14th, for the Dallas Quilt show! We will pass off our challenge blocks to Debi at that time...she'll then put them into a quilt for donation to Project Linus. :>)

Also...Brenda, Debi and I are members of a new quilting forum online. It's called the 'quilting bee' on Delphi...there's a link in my sidebar. http://forums.delphiforums.com/QuiltPox I know it says quiltpox...but it's been renamed, yet the link can't be changed...at this time, anyway. Come on by...it's free to join, and we chat about quilting, our lives, comfort projects, our own sewing/quilting, our families, animals, friends, etc etc. It's a wonderful group of gals (and a guy or two)...many of which I've met in person...others I never will, but they are still great friends!

So...off for another adventure into town and appts. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Wilma Lee said...

Just stopped by to see your blog. Lucky you to have quilty friends close by.

pollyanna said...

Enjoy your time at the quilt show! glad you got to hang with Brenda :) Both of you needed some friend time :)