Saturday, February 14, 2009

I'm sure most of your have heard or read about the devastating wildfires in Australia. So much destruction and loss of life, and to think some may have been intentionally set. I was lucky to have spent about 10 days back in about '82 or there abouts outside of Sydney for a wedding. What a lovely country and people.

On the about.com quilting forum, someone posted a link to a group that is asking for 12.5 inch (unfinished) star blocks to be made into quilts for those that have lost so much. There is now another group posting there, but I've decided to make blocks for the first group mentioned. This same group has also been mentioned on the Quilting Passion forum. I think it's a great cause, and a small thing I can do to help from so far away.

Here's a link...I hope...

http://www.flickr.com/groups/bushfirequiltproject/

They have permisson from Bonnie from http://www.quiltville.com/ to use her Maverick stars pattern

http://quiltville.com/maverickstars.shtml

I believe the pattern is 6 in finished, but the blocks for this drive are 12 in finished (12.5 unfinished).

They will take any star pattern blocks, if you are so inclined to make one, two or more. Check out Marcia's site...

http://www.quilterscache.com/

She has lots of stars!!! I don't do 'wonky', so I've decided to make some friendship star blocks...I like what that represents, and am pretty good at making them. :>) I have a sew day tomorrow, and one on Wednesday, so hoping to make some as leaders/enders with another project I'm finishing.

They have a 'button' on their site to add to our blogs, but I don't know how to do that. I hope the link will help.

I know I still have that tutorial to put on my blog. All in time. And yes, Debi, I'll be working on my blocks for you!!!

2 comments:

pollyanna said...

I love this pattern for Maverick Stars. I will send some to the about group. Thanks for posting this, Chica *smooch*

Debi said...

I also plan on making a few blocks for this group. I am also glad to hear you are working on our DFW PL quilt blocks@!