Friday, April 25, 2008

Just got back from my day with Linda. We had so much fun!!! She was very patient as I looked thru the boxes and boxes of stuff. Debi, didn't call you cuz it was pretty well picked over...

What I DID get were lap quilts...quilted, bound, etc. I'll take pics next week, but these will be donated to Project Linus in memory of our quilting friend, Jan J. I also got one top that is basted, only needs quilting and binding, and 2 other lap top size quilt tops. Woo hoo!!! I know Jan was there, whispering in their ears, as they gave them to me at 1/2 of what they had them priced at!!!

I did get some fabric...I'll have to go thru it to see what I brought home! LOL!!! I found a small box of about 5-6 in squares, cut out of denim (along with the paper template...loved that!). I think they are stretchy denim...will look better when I unpack...it so, they'll make great totes or dog beds. And, I found a bunch of brocade like lightweight upholstery fabric...my little guild has some, and thought it would be more for some totes. Since so many places are going 'green', totes are good!!! I know I got some muslin, and odds and ends...but nothing really big (like for backings) that I can remember...most were fq size or smaller. So, good for my little guild scrap quilts that we'll be making soon...

I also got a bunch of thread...the kind that's on cones...I figure it'll work for piecing. If not, it's not a great loss. And, a thread holder that goes on the wall(June Tailor) for $2/and the price on the back was $10.99...not bad!!! Guess I'd best start working on organizing my sewing room, huh? GRIN!!!

And, last but not least...a Singer Touch n Sew, and a small sewing table for $10. I used to have a TnS, and I loved that machine...hoping this works as well. Needs a good service, and I'm sure it'll be fine.

Whew!!! I'm exhausted! Really, I had a wonderful, fun day with my DF, and even though she's not a quilter, she appreciates what we do!

Have a good night!

Sally in TX

No comments: