Sunday, August 09, 2009

This coming weekend, a few of us from the DFW Quilt Gang are having a mini-retreat. I can hardly wait to see the gals for a couple days of fun, laughter, sewing, eating, sewing, laughter, sewing. :>)

I'm gonna try to cut out a bunch of blocks for a D9P on Thursday, so it'll be ready to sew. We'll see. I'm still deciding if that is what I want to do on that project. I have a couple others I could bring, so may even take 2 or 3...give me some variety in case I get 'stuck' or just get bored. Naw...that NEVER happens! LOL!!!

I will bring my camera, as I'm sure others will do. Will try to take some pics of what we are working on, etc. It takes me a bit to post them, so don't hold your breath!!! LOL!!! I'll try to get them online sometime by the end of next week!

My local quilt group here in Ponder is going well...the raffle quilt we made for the park board to raffle raised $411 in about 10 days...not too bad. And, the best thing of all (as far as I'm concerned) is that I WON IT!!! No...I didn't have them draw someone else's name...I love that quilt and worked hard on it...am really proud of our group and what we did. Woo hoo!!!

Enough of this HEAT!!! It's 11:19pm and 87...yuck!

Y'all have a great week!!!


1 comment:

Debi said...

I am bringing my camera also! It is going to be so much fun getting to spend real time together and sewing. I am almost packed with everything for sewing, now clothes are something else!