Monday, December 08, 2008





These 2 pictures were posted on my friend Marcia Hohn's site www.quilterscache.com . She does a weekly Monday newsy letter. Now, granted, this was a few weeks back, but it has taken me that long to find some trees here in TX that were also changing colors. Isn't the first one beautiful? So vibrant! I'd love to see a real fall changing of the colors someday... The 2nd picture is the very next day. Good thing she took the first when she did!!! Thanks Marcia!!!




Now we have the changing of the leaves in TX. The picture to the left is what most trees look like. They go from green to yellow. I did find the one to the right at the tax office the other day. Seeing those that are the 'reds' are few and far between here. There was the normal 'yellow' there too, so took pics of both. Okay...I realize it's almost winter (we've had a few mornings below freezing lately), but this is the best it gets here locally for 'fall foliage'.
I've never lived in an area where the trees did that beautiful changing thing...so this is the best it gets!!!
Okay...so, now I've update my blog twice within a few hours. I have much more to tell y'all...but back to bed...it's too early!!!
Sally












2 comments:

Drew and Kim Cox said...

Hooray - you are back online :) Aiden can't wait to meet you. Are you going to be in California for the holidays at all? If so, we would all LOVE to see you :)
Love - Kim, Drew and Aiden

pollyanna said...

Beautiful pictures, Sally! The changing colors are so beautiful. We have some, but the majority of our trees are evergreens. Great to talk with you Saturday! Wish I could have been there!